Yesterday and today, the Special Public Prosecutor’s Office have been trying to verify and determine whether the wiretapping systems, which are active in the Administration of Security and Counterintelligence (UBK), and were further misused or used for unlawful interception of communications.

The court orders which allowed the SPO to enter UBK are related to the documentation and the book records for court orders to conduct special investigative measures (PIM) and an inspection of the new system for monitoring communications, installed and commissioned in March, last year.

The equipment and the systems used for the illegal wiretapping which produced the”bombs” published by the opposition have already been destroyed and the SPO for this, are already conducting an investigative procedure, code-named “Fortress”.

“There is a new system which is currently in use in the Administration of Security and Counterintelligence (UBK) officially from March, 2015. Given that our mandate extends longer than that, we have to cover that period of time, which means there are new systems to monitor communications. In regards to this, the systems used previously were destroyed, and there is nothing we can do about that. Now we want to see that in the period of time that remains, whether the systems were abused or not. As I said, it is a preliminary procedure for which this data is necessary”, said today the prosecutor from the SPO, Lence Ristoska.

Prosecutors from the SPO, headed by Special Prosecutor Katica Janeva, have already been in UBK for 24 hours and are interested in intercepted communications from March to December 31, 2015 and whether these observations are covered by court orders, or in that period were they wiretapping illegally.