Prime Minister Zoran Zaev expects an economic growth of over 4% in the first quarter of this year and surpassing the projections for a growth of 3.2% for the whole year.

His optimism is based upon the growth of the industrial production in the first two months of this year by 11 i.e. 7%, the growth of 312 % of capital investments in state roads including the growth of the export from the zones by 25% in the first quarter.

The process of gasification is underway as well including the railway, which is 75% if the country’s capital investments and the remaining 25 % are diverted towards sewers, kindergartens and schools. Only with hard work can we breach other projected parameters – said Zaev when questioned at the conference on the subject of “Challenges and experiences for the national economy before the process of commencing the country’s EU accession negotiations.”