Vučić confirms that Gruevski went to Hungary via Serbia


Belgrade, 20 November, 2018 - 12:36 (META) 

In Belgrade’s first official response, Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said former Macedonian Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski fled to Hungary via Serbia, but before a warrant was issued and sent to Belgrade. He also said that Gruevski was accompanied by two Hungarian nationals from Macedonia to Albania.

This is Belgrade’s first reaction after Gruevski fled Macedonia to avoid serving a prison sentence, even though there was much speculation that he fled through Serbia.

Vučić told Serbian television “Hepi” that Gruevski from Macedonia entered Albania, then Montenegro and through Serbia entered the Hungarian border at the Horgos border crossing.

According to the Serbian President, Nikola Gruevski left Macedonia on November 11 and identified himself with an ID card. Accompanied by two Hungarian nationals, they then entered the territory of Albania, from where they entered Montenegro at the border crossing “Hani Hoti – Božaj”.

“Then, on November 11, after 22.30 pm, through the border crossing “Gostun” entered Serbia with an ID card, and on November 12th entered Hungary at the border crossing “Horgos”, with an ID and pass he received from the Hungarian Embassy in Albania,” said Vučić .

The Serbian President said that Serbia did not make a mistake in regards to the situation and could not act differently other than to allow the former Macedonian prime minister entry and exit from the territory. It was handled in accordance with the law, he said.

“An international arrest warrant from Interpol – Skopje was issued on November 13, at 19:35 pm. What do you expect? To arrest people without an arrest warrant? Or without an international arrest warrant? Said Vučić , adding that if they had done so, it would be kidnapping.

When asked when he last heard from Gruevski, Vučić replied that it was during the unrest in the Parliament on 27 April 2017, when Gruevski from Vienna asked him to appeal for calm. However, as the Serbian president explained, they talked again later, regarding the European People’s Party.

The President of Serbia also stated that “Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev has established “normal communications”.

“Serbia has no bad relations with Macedonia, they are one of our closest nations and we will always have good relations,” Vučić told “Hepi”.


Fake “Forbes” website deceives Albanians on 10 richest citizens


Tirana, 5 September, 2018 - 16:37 (META) 

Today, a large number of online media published news, attributed to Forbes Magazine listing the 10 richest Albanians.  However, when the Forbes Magazine online opens, there are no Albanians among the 100 richest in the world, and there is no report on Albania.

It appears that online portals are citing an unknown site that claims to be “Forbes”, even their web address is http://www.forbes10.com.

Nonetheless, in regards to the content (for the 10 richest Albanians) it was taken from a study  conducted last year by the European Institute “Pashko” in Tirana, that does not have any data on the current situation.

no info for Albanias rich by Forbes


Albania’s national theater according to mayor Veliaj, “is a barrack, a fascist building”


Tirana, 4 September, 2018 - 11:56 (META) 

The topic of the law that would demolish the National Theatre in order to build a new one in Albania keeps being the main topic in the public discourse.

This law was voted by the majority on July 52018, despite continuous protests from the artist’s community and activists.  According to this law, the new theater would be built in the area of the current National Theater via a public –private partnership. By this it is implied that the company “offered” to build the new theater for free, would be granted public land near the theater.

Opponents of this law pointed the unconstitutional side of the action claiming that this law goes against the constitution and breaches the Stabilization Association Agreement with EU which Albania signed in 2003.

Many historians, academics and architects, have noted the value this building represents, bringing facts and evidence on its cultural, architectural and historical value.

Despite this, Erion Veliaj, mayor of Tirana,  in a tweet posted a few days ago keeps calling the National Theater a fascist building, a barrack, a horse stall not worth to be maintained and those protesting every evening to protect it, as liars

However, besides the opposition from activists and artists, this project is opposed by Europa Nostra  noting how “this building constructed in 1938 is one of the most prominent cultural centers of the Tirana city” and that  “it is the last surviving historic landmark in the capital”.

The mayor, deleted his tweet, as he deletes the comments of the citizens criticizing him.


SDSM condemns the statement made by the Mayor of Debar


Skopje, 23 April, 2017 - 14:00 (META) 

We condemn the provocative rhetoric in the statement made by the Mayor of Debar Ruzdi Lata, which is not in the spirit of unity, integration and mutual respect among citizens. Elected and appointed officials must be aware of their responsibility before the Constitution, the laws and the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia. Lata and all other public officials must work solely in the interest of the citizens and each statement, each spoken word and work must be exclusively in the interests of the people, which is not the case with the last statement made by Lata, said SDSM today.

The party pointed out that “such public events are only in favour of those who create divisions and work to encourage friction and intolerance”.

The Mayor of Debar, Ruzdi Lata yesterday in an interview with television Art said that the blood and soul of Albanians is in Tirana, and he believed that Debar will become a suburb of Tirana.

“The only hope for the future of Debar is the road to Arber, but do not forget when the road to Arber is built, we will forget the others, our blood and our soul is in Tirana. We have many people in Tirana, I will only mention one fact, in Tirana there are 150 doctors just from Debar and Debar is slowly becoming a suburb of Tirana. I believe our dream will slowly be realized in an instinctive way, like when operating a vehicle your hand always goes right towards Tirana, towards Albania, it is the nostalgia we have in our souls, feelings, beliefs, awareness…”, said Lata.


Macedonian-Albanian cooperation in the sphere of culture


Тирана, 17 March, 2015 - 10:47 (META) 

“Macedonian-Albanian cooperation in the sphere of culture is successful, on mutual satisfaction. Ii is accomplished through numerous activities in the field of protection of cultural heritage, tours of theaters from Macedonia to Albania and reciprocal visits of theaters from Albania on international festivals in our country. Also significant is cooperation in music-drama, folklore and publishing activity, as well as in cinema, where co-production projects were realized,” concluded Ministers of Culture of the Republic of Macedonia and Albania, Elizabeta Kancheska-Milevska and Mirela Kumbaro, at the meeting in Tirana.

The cooperation program in the field of culture between the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Macedonia and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Albania for the period 2015-2020, signed by Macedonian Minister Elizabeta Kancheska-Milevska and her Albanian counterpart Mirela Kumbaro in Tirana will mark a new impulse for further productive contacts.

With the signing of the cooperation program, the opportunity to annually arrange activities that will be implemented between the two countries is opening. The document is a legal framework to promote cooperation and to intensify the exchange of projects between cultural institutions of the two countries.